application to be a tester

Friday, April 9, 2010

Free Pattern!!!

It's a cloudy Friday here in Ma, and to help raise spirits I'm posting a free pattern!
Its an adorable flower hat. I got the idea from a kids show my son was watching before school the other day.
I hope you enjoy it!
Sandy





Free Flower Beanie
0-3T


Material Needed
Red Heart Super Saver 7oz
Lime Green x 1 skein
Hot Pink x 3oz
Linen x 2oz
H Hook
Yarn Needle

Follow Rnds 1-6 For both sizes.
Rnd 1: With lime green and H hook ch2, 6sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6sc)
Do not join, but continue in a spiral fashion, usuing a place marker if desired.
Rnd 2: 2sc in each sc around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: 2sc in each sc around. (24sc)
Rnd 4: 1sc in each sc around (24sc)
Rnd 5: *1sc in next sc, 2sc in next sc, * repeat from * to * around. (36sc)
Rnd 6: * 1sc in each of the next 2sc, 2 in next sc, * repeat from * to * around. (48sc)

0-12months
Rnds 7-10: 1sc in each sc around. (48sc)
Rnds 11-12: 1sc in back loop of each sc around. (48sc)
Rnd 13: 1sc in each sc around. (48sc)
Rnd 14: *1sc in each of the next 3sc, sc tog the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. (39sc)
Rnd 15: 1sc in each sc around. (39sc)
Rnd 16: 1sc in next sc, *(1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc) all in next sc, 1slst in each of the next 2sc, * repeat from * to *     around. Fasten off and tie in ends.

18 months-3T
Rnd 7: * 1sc in each of the next 3sc, 2sc in next sc, * repeat from * to * around. (60sc)
Rnds 8-14: 1sc in each sc around. (60sc)
Rnds 15-16: 1sc in the back loops of each sc around. (60sc)
Rnd 17: 1sc in each sc around. (60sc)
Rnd 18: *1sc in each of the next 3sc, sc tog the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. (50sc)
Rnd 19: 1sc in each sc around. (50sc)
Rnd 16: 1sc in next sc, *(1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc) all in next sc, 1slst in each of the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. Fasten off and tie in ends.
 
4T to Adult Size
Rnd 7: * 1sc in each of the next 3sc, 2sc in next sc, * repeat from * to * around. (60sc)
Rnd 8: *1sc in each of the next 4sc, 2sc in next sc,* repeat from * to * around. (72sc)
Rnds 9-17: 1sc in each sc around. (72sc)
Rnds 18-19: 1sc in the back loops of each sc around. (72sc)
Rnd 20: 1sc in each sc around. (72sc)
Rnd 21: *1sc in each of the next 4sc, sc tog the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. (60sc)
Rnd 22: 1sc in each sc around. (60sc)
Rnd 23: 1sc in next sc, *(1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc) all in next sc, 1slst in each of the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. Fasten off and tie in ends.


Flower
(note: instructions for flower are all written in 0-12 months, other size is in parentheses)
Rnd 1: With H hook and Linen, attach yarn to any unworked backloop on Rnd 12 (16) 1sc in same st as joining, *(1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc) all in next sc, 1slst in each of the next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. Fasten off and tie in ends.
Rnd 2: With H hook and Hot Pink, attach yarn to any unworked loop from Rnd 11 (15). *(Ch4, 2dtrc, Ch4, 1sc) all in next sc, skip next 2sc, * repeat from * to * around. Slst to join, Ch1.
Rnd 3: 1sc in same st as joining, *1sc in each dtrc, 1sc in each ch4, * repeat from * to * around. Fasten off and tie in ends.

© Sandy's Cape Cod Originals

You are responsible for your finished items,  
You may sell any items you make, just list me as a designer. 
Do not resell, recopy, redistribute, or rewrite my pattern in any form.  

10 comments:

  1. I just emailed your blog link for this pattern to a friend.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm her friend and an avid crocheter! :) This is so cute - I can imagine how darling it would look on a little one! I've not seen a pattern for anything like this before. I may make it for a charity drive we're doing this month.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome you two. I was trying to make this hat from one of the kids shows that are on sprout tv..noddy and her friends are all flowers and I was trying to make a noddy hat. I'll get it right someday and post them here.
    Thanks Christie for telling others...Rachel is a great customer of mine and now she can check back ever now and then for the free patterns that I'll be putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW!

    Could this be increased to be an older teenager or adult pattern? I know someone (adult) who needs a pick me up and this hat would do wonders sicne she collects crowns...how best is that done for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also am interested in an adult version of this pattern, my 11 year old granddaughter would LOVE this. Please post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very cool hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandy, I have a question....I'm on the last part of creating the flower (round 3), it says 1sc in each dtrc, 1sc in each chain four, repeat *to* aound. Where do I start the stitches? this may sound dumb but I am a beginner withsome confussion....

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting me and my blog